Anchovy + Tomato Pasta
- good pasta(not supermarket branded)
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 250g creamed tomatoes
- 4 anchovies
- 4 chestnut mushrooms
- around 10 green beans
I remember doing this recipe on the roof of hotel in Goa. We had a bambo shack set up with a few mattresses and a gas stove. It was so hot we could wear just shorts through out the night. I think we were paying around £7 a month to stay there, still can’t believe it.Anyway, I got this recipe down whilst eating in on the the cheap. Haven’t changed it since.
- Chop the onion and garlic fine.
- Chop the mushrooms into 3rds, (yes that’s right- its the best shape)
- Chop the ends of the beans and cut in half
- Add the onion to a hot frying pan with oil for a min then add the garlic for another 2min
- Stir in the mushrooms for 2min
- Add the cream tomato, chilli, beans, salt+pepper
- Leave to simmer with lid on for 20min. Stir occasionally, add water/creamed tomato if it gets too thick.
- Serve on good pasta