- 6oz plain flour
- 3oz room temp. butter
- cool water
- 100g Mattessons Smoked Pork Sausage
- 4 Strips of Bacon
- 5 -7 Chestnut Mushrooms
- A tree of Broccoli
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Pepper
- 5 sweet cherry tomatos
- 4 eggs
- dash of full cream milk/cream
- cheese – which ever
- salt+ pepper
I’ve been thinking of putting my omelette up for a while, it certainly deserves it. However I’ve also been fantasising about upgrading the recipe into a quiche. There’s a first time for everything and usually things don’t usually go perfectly – as with this occasion, however it tasted great so here it is.
Note: Put some baking parchment down, pastry likes to stick
- Add the flour and butter to a mixing bowl, combine with finger tips until crumbs.
- Add a dash of cool water to bring the crumbs to a dough.
- Line the dough in your chosen baking tray. I used a 8inch round thing. Place in fridge for 30min
- Quarter the mushrooms
- Slice the courgettes into 15mm slices then halve down the middle
- Cut the pepper into 2cm squares
- Slice the broccoli to bit size
- Slice the sausage to around 10m chunks
- Halve the tomatoes
- Fry the bacon to how you like it, I prefer it juicy – not crisp. Remove bacon and slice it up.
- Add a slosh of olive oil to the bacon juice and fry the veg + sausage until the courgettes are browning on each side.
- Whisk the eggs with S+P for only 5-10 sec then add a slosh of milk and stir until mixed.
- Mix the bacon and veg and place half in the pastry lined tray
- Spread half the grated cheese over
- Add the tomatoes
- Add the rest of the veg
- Pour the egg mix in
- Drop the rest of the cheese on top
- Cook at 160c for around 35min